The Project Manager oversees calibration services projects in a manner that exceeds our customers’ expectations and ensures that all work is completed in accordance with company objectives, programs, and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall planning, direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Provide technical and project oversight during inspection and testing of automation systems using portable test instruments, such as process calibrators, multi-meters, temperature and pressure standards, and other instruments.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, etc. as required to develop work proposals and plan, execute, and monitor project completion.
- Manage calibration test specialists and supervisors.
- Set clear goals and expectations to subcontractors as needed.
- Review, evaluate, accept, and coordinate completion of subcontractor work.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Negotiate and resolve all customer concerns.
- When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects.
- Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
- Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, or disciplinary measures.
- Any other related duties as needed.
- Knowledge in project management principles and strategies.
- Knowledge in contract management.
- Knowledge of safety and quality management systems and standards.
- Knowledge with automation control systems and related industry standards.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra 2, geometry.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must work with integrity, have strong attention to detail, and have strong analytical skills.
- Must be proficient with computers and computer software, such as Microsoft Word/Excel, and project management tools.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to analyze issues thoroughly.
- Ability to provide leadership and training to supervisors and staff to accomplish organization goals and objectives.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or management field from an accredited school - OR - 6 years related industry or military experience - OR – an active certification as Project Management Professional (PMP®) with demonstrated project management experience.
- OSHA 30 or CAD/VISIO training a plus.
- Ability to lift, carry and transport equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
- Bending/squatting/kneeling/stooping/crouching/walking 8 or more hours per day.
- Able to work in multiple environments such as office, industrial or shipboard locations in cold, hot or humid conditions, around moving equipment with potential for producing high noise levels. Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces with appropriate PPE.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening, background check, and basic skills knowledge tests. Must be able to obtain a passport.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be available to travel 40% or more and willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays if necessary to meet project commitments.
- Competitive wages, 401k, Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. Short and long-term disability. Paid time off and Holiday schedule. Opportunity for growth.