Shipping & Receiving Assistant
Chesapeake, VA 31029
SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for distributing and storing equipment and supplies delivered on purchase orders and to perform related quality inspections.
- Performs picking and shipping confirmation
- Audits products picked for accuracy and routes to the proper departments for final processing
- Shipping and receiving of instruments.
- Prioritizes the processing of repair orders according to scheduled workload.
- Coordinates the receipt, verification, QA evaluation and accurate input of customer repair orders, with notation of special handling (rush order, insulation, etching).
- Responsible for completion of departmental transfers and coordination with Order Fulfillment
- Pulls and packs orders for shipments
- Inventory fulfillment. Ordering and keeping inventory neat and organized.
- Coordinates the proper processing of repair order paperwork, including filing, updating and maintaining customer information
- Support other operations , when required (Receiving/Packaging/Labeling/Etching/Engraving).
- Transitioning or recently transitioning Veteran with 4-10 years’ experience.
- Willingness to travel for projects as needed for periods from 1 week to 1 month.
- Experience with UPS/Federal Express/Amazon manifest systems is highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation with strong client service attitude.
- Strong interest in working with logistics and supply coordination with customers
- Ability to interface with people at all levels.
TRAINING & EDUCATION
- Training from the Navy, Marines, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard preferred. Military training in logistics, supply or warehouse management fields.
Military Veteran Preferred